Saturday, September 19, 2009

Addendum

I've got stuff to add to my letter to God and thus, addendum.

Dear God,

I forgot to thank you for giving wonderful friends on top of giving me a super supportive family that includes my nuclear and extended family. I guess that yesterday I was so engrossed in my ranting and raving that I didn't stop to reflect that God has given me wonderful friends at every stage of my life.

When I was a kid, you gave me Lina, my cousin, to see me through my childhood and my teenhood. She's one best friend that has the seen the best and worst of my growing up. She doesn't have to say anything, just her presence comforted me heaps when I was growing up.

When I was at uni, I met Eve and till now we remained as best friends. you sent Eve to me through uni and then when I left uni, we lost contact and just before I got married, you sent her back to my life. She was there when I went to Sydney to do my masters. Sydney would been super difficult without her!

Stan, I met him in Sunday School when we were probably 6 or 7. We remained best friends from Sunday School all throughout uni. He was in Brisbane and I was in Gold Coast and till now, whenever I'm back in Spore, we make time to catch up. You gave him to me to be my reminder to have steadfast faith in you.

When I started working in WDP, in some strange ways, only you know, Sharon and me clicked. Sharon is probably total opposite from me but we clicked and got along fabulously with each other and till now, I consider her as one of my inner circle friends.

When I arrived in HK, you gave me friends at different times. Some remained as friends and some faded away because they moved away or we grew in different directions. But God, after 3 years, you provided me a good support of network. You gave me friends that I know I can count on in HK.

So after some pondering, I realised that yes, there's heaps for me to be thankful for but the selfish person in me failed to notice these little things. I'm sorry.

Thank you for every new morning,
For every brand new day,
I can just never thank you enough!

God, help me to see every day in a positive light and to be patient to wait upon you. I know, you will fulfill your will soon.

Love,
Faith

No comments: