Saturday, September 26, 2009

Roller Coaster Life

I love theme parks. A real love for them. I guess it must have stemmed from my childhood. My earliest memory of a theme park was going to Gay World as a kid. Yes, Gay World??? There was nothing gay about Gay World but rather gay as in happy! I remember screaming down the roller coaster and the flying chair.

When I went to Gold Coast to study, it was almost heaven. The home of Dreamworld, Seaworld and Movieworld. Loved visiting them. Even for our honeymoon, we went to Disneyland and last Christmas we did Disneyland again and we did Universal Studios too. Oh, and not forgetting Knott's Berry farm with Eve. My next target, Orlando. Disneyworld and Universal Studios. And Universal Studios is going to have Harry Potter theme rides too! Can't wait.

Anyway, enough talk about theme parks. Well, as I think of my life, I kinda realised that my life is quite like a roller coaster ride or an exciting ride in a theme park. I never really know when the down comes and when the up comes and what will come at the turn or when will the turn comes. And like a ride, I'm not in control. I can't preempt what's going to happen unless I've taken the ride before. It's the same with my life, I've not lived my life before and therefore I really don't know what my life is going to be like. Or what's going come around the corner. And no matter what, God is in control and He's my safety net. So far, I'm enjoying my adventure ride. It is truly rather quite exciting!

Oh....just another 2 months before my little jumbo Jo Claire will be here for a visit. Can't wait!

No comments: