Friday, June 25, 2010

God Loves a Cheerful Giver

About 5 or 6 weeks ago, one of the guys from my care group was leading a team of high school kids to Bohol for a mission trip. He was fund raising to build 2 rooms or something like that for a kindergarten and for other stuff. I gave him some and then I read his status on Facebook that he needed more. The funds were not coming.

I felt burden in her heart that I should give. Don't ask me why but I know that I had to. I dug into my savings which by the way is not very much. I had to dig into my savings as well for a myriad of things this month too. Airfares to Singapore and then to States for summer and then my two short weekend trips to Singapore as well. Anyway, I prayed and I took whatever I could give and making sure that I'll have enough to last me through the month without having to starve or anything like that.

As it's 5 days towards the end of the month, I'm not starving. In fact, I had and am still having a good time. Still have enough to last me, plus the fact that I'm heading to Spore tonight too. And the best news, yesterday Babe told me that he got his bonus. And I'm like, that's nice. When he told me the amount, I was gobsmacked! It was like close to 4 times of what I gave to God for the mission trip. I was blown away. And this morning, I was reading Daily Bread and it was a reminder that God loves a cheerful giver. I gave without expecting anything in return. And if nothing comes back, it wouldn't have mattered to me as I knew that the money that I gave would have benefited kids out there. But God turned it around and showered us with blessings that we never expected it!

Truly, God is good!

No comments: