Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Marriage

This afternoon, I had a really good chat with Eve. We were talking about love, relationships and marriages. Our favourite girls' topic, you know? I love Eve because she's one person that would tell me the truth even though the truth may hurt or may not be what I want to hear. And it's the same with Eve. I can tell her what's in mind knowing that it's not going to offend her.

So we started talking a bit. And she asked me if my respect for Babe has grown over the years. And I told her, yup, without hesitation. Well, the truth is that not only my respect has grown but love has also grown along with faith and trust. I still get lots of butterflies in my stomach before I see him. I still take pains to dress up before meeting Babe at the airport. I know, it sounds silly and ridiculous but the butterflies still flutter! I told Eve that my respect for Babe grew leaps and bounds these couple of months when Babe told me honestly that he would like to have a break for a couple of months to re-gather his thoughts. I knew that it took him a lot of courage to tell me he needed that break.

The other thing that I told Eve that I kinda not like is the immense amount of energy and pressure that most people put on a single day of their life, the wedding. To me, a wedding is a day event, sometimes two days or maybe even a week. But there's more to it. A marriage is for a lifetime. And it's lots of hard work too but at the same time, it's really rewarding. I've been to a wedding that was large, well-planned, beautiful and then.....years later, it went kaput! I don't know what went wrong and even if I did, I don't think I want to share it. What I'm trying to say is that a marriage takes time and effort to build a strong foundation. A strong foundation is important, very important for a marriage to last.

I've spent eighteen years of my life with Babe, that's half of my lifetime. Am I happy? Truth be told, well, there are ups and downs but there are more ups than downs. It's a wonderful journey and I'm loving every moment of it!

No comments: