Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In Transit

I'm sitting and typing this out in Hong Kong International Airport. This is probably my favourite airport. I like HKIA even more than Changi Airport. I know, not very patriotic. But seriously, I do like HKIA heaps! Anyway, I'm sitting in the airport lounge waiting for my flight to San Francisco. I know, there must be a better way than to fly into Singapore 8 days ago and then out of Singapore into Hong Kong today and then connect to San Francisco. But I wanted to see my family before flying out to the States and the best way from Singapore to San Francisco is still through HKIA. So there you go.

For the past 8 days, I had a really good time in Singapore just hanging out with Babe and JC and the family. I was even reluctant to catch up with friends because I wanted to be with my family. Even this afternoon on the way to the airport, I was a little reluctant to fly thinking of the 3 weeks that I'll be missing from Babe and JC. But the light of the tunnel is the favourite people that are waiting for me in California. Interestingly, this is one of the strangest feelings that I've towards my holiday in California. Normally, I'm all excited and I'm still excited about it. But at the same time, I'm a little reluctant missing people that I love. I'm a little confused I know. My world would be perfect if everyone I love collide and live in the same continent as me and I'll be happy. Is that too much to ask? Just the same continent, and timezone. I'm not even asking to be in the same country!

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Can't wait to see my cousins and my new little niece and my bestie!

No comments: