Friday, July 30, 2010

Lost and Found

So today Eve dropped me off at Fashion Valley mall for me to have a walk around. The mall is huge. I've been there a couple of times and I still like it heaps.

The first store that I went into was Bloomingdales. Love it. While walking around I saw crumpled notes on the floor. I thought nothing since all US notes look alike so I bent down to pick it up. I looked at the notes and it was 200 dollars. The first thought that ran across my mind and I'm not going to lie about it is to keep the money since there isn't a name on it. No name, cash on the floor so finders keeps, losers weepers, right?

But for some reason, I didn't feel that great. I texted Eve and she suggested that I should hand in the money to security. I continued shopping before I handed the money to security. But I must say that throughout the period when I still have the money, I didn't feel all that great shopping. Once I handed over the money, I felt heaps better. Sure, for the one second, I looked at the guy wondering if he's really going to hand over the cash or is he going to pocket it. But truth of the matter, it's none of my business. I've done my role and maybe if he did take it, maybe he really needed the money. And maybe the guy that lost his money might come back.

The money wasn't mine in the first place. I was just the vehicle. Yes, I could have kept the money but I wouldn't feel good. I'm not in need, sure it's always nice to have more to shop but honestly, 'What would Jesus do?' That was the thought that ran across my mind.

No comments: