Sunday, July 04, 2010

Video Nights

I love television. Really love television. Actually, maybe just too much. Even when I was studying in Australia, I would rent videos to watch all night when I can sleep late. When Babe went back to Singapore to work, I started my video or movie watching again.

One of the movies that I watched and was really touched by it is, The Blind Side. When I rented the video, all I had in mind was this lady, played by Sandra Bullock, coaching a football team. And boy was I wrong. It's about a lady who saw a kid and decided to take him in. And the entire family accepting the kid for who and what he is. They love him as their own. It was such a heartwarming movie and the even better bit of it, it's a true story.

While watching the story, it reconfirmed my thoughts on adoption. I know that we can't save every abandoned child but if we can save one, why not? If we can make a difference to one child, why not? And if we can save more than one, it'll be a blessing.

No comments: