Friday, July 09, 2010

Signing Up for Another 2 Years

Yesterday while I was in the general office I was called into the principal's office. Not to worry, I wasn't in trouble. My principal told me that she has my new contract and it's ready to be signed. The last time I signed my contract, I just signed it and didn't have to have any conversation with my previous principal. But with this principal she wanted a little chat.

She went through my contract with me. There's a clause in my contract that said I couldn't work outside school unless I get permission from the school. And I laughed and told her, don't worry, I'm kinda a tad too lazy to work outside school. But what came next, brought a huge smile to my face. My principal took time to thank me for working hard for the school and she said that she really appreciate the hard work that I put in for the school. I was kinda surprised. I wouldn't say that I'm the most hardworking teacher in the school. I do what I'm told and what I have to do and sometimes I stay a little later but not much later after work to complete some stuff. Anyway, it was nice for someone to tell me that I'm appreciated.

So I signed my contract and yes, two more years in Hong Kong and we'll see what's going to happen next!

No comments: