Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Coincidences

I went home early yesterday after work and managed to catch a little of Oprah. For those who don't know, I love love watching Oprah. I know that it can sound very cheesy but I do learn a lot from watching watching her shows. Have to admit that some of the stuff can be hogwash but some of it, really makes lots of sense.

In her show she mentioned something like, there are no coincidences in life. At that point, it was like a lightening that stuck me. I'm so used to saying that, oh, it's such a coincident..... But in reality, there isn't such a thing as coincidences. For the next few minutes I started to ponder about what she said. I looked at my life and wonder whether if it was coincidences that people and circumstances come into my life or is it predestined by God.

I met WK when I was 15 in church. And when I was 28, we got married. Was it predestined that we met or was it just a coincident? I believe that God brought WK into my life and that in His time we got married. 2 of my best friends are part of my life. Monster is my cousin and that's very obvious that God predestined to be my best friend, but of all the cousins that I have, she's has to be the one that I'm closest to. And Stan, we grew up in Sunday School and God chose him to me my best spiritual brother who is going to keep my grounded in my spiritual life. And Eve, I met her at undergrad and after years of losing contact, God had a hand of getting us together again and He gave us time to spend with each other in Sydney as well.

And now, the group of girls that I meet regularly in HK, they are placed in my life for a purpose. And I'm truly grateful for their wonderful support. There are days at work that pass without me speaking much to people and for me, being a social animal, it can be rather difficult. But thank God for people like Michelle, Colleen, Nicole, Martina and Simon, they understand what I go through at work.

Even WK getting a job in HK, God has a purpose for that. He has a purpose for everything that comes up in our lives. Even though it can be hard trying to trust Him for everything at times. And I've to remember from now onwards, words like, luckily, fortunately and coincidentally will have to go from my vocab. Everything has a reason and God will prevail His reasons to me someday.

No comments: