Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why Do I Blog?

Have been thinking about the above mentioned question for a couple of days. When I started blogging, it was for me to keep in contact and update people with what's going on in my life. But as I started to blog and started to pour out my thoughts....Blogging became very enjoyable and in fact it was like a way that I could express my thoughts and views. Since I've always wanted to write my own book, this might be a good start.

But when I actually probe deeper, I began to realise that it might be a situation that I miss talking to people...Yes, people, I admit...I love to talk and I don't seem to talk much to people at work....and sometimes it's killing me! Hang on, for the record, I love my job.....It's a pretty good one at this point of time. One of the least stressful job that I've had in a long, long time....But it's the social situation at work. In some ways, I miss my ex-colleagues at WDP where I could just walk up to my colleagues and share jokes and just talk to them about anything. Just talk. But now, it's a little hard. Language is a barrier and sometimes I feel sorry for the teachers who try to make such an effort to talk to me because they feel sorry for me? I don't know. There are a couple of English teachers that I talk to and sometimes we share a joke or 2. But there are days that go by and I don't talk to anyone except for work related talk. And blogging is a my way of communicating my thoughts, views, opinions and my way of talking.

This also leads me to the next point..My girlfriends in HK. Well, my girlfriends in HK are also NET teachers. We meet at least once a week and it's a great time that we destress and just talk. We are so deprived of just having English conversations that when we meet, it is always a blast! I had dinner with Michelle, I mentioned to her that our circle of friends is like our support group....a little like AA.... I remember in Singapore, I never really made such an effort with girlfriends and meeting them regularly but in HK, I guess the ball game is a little different.

And thinking about it, not sure if this can happen but...I feel that I'm an extrovert that's turning into an introvert. Not sure if this can happen but I think it's beginning to happen to me. But I still love to go out with my girlfriends. But that's going off the topic....

Oh well, so that's why I blog...And it's 11 days to Christmas!!! Can't wait! Having a little Christmas dinner this Sat. Well, it has to be little but of the little space that we have.

No comments: