Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Less than 20 Days to Christmas!

It's less than 20 days to Christmas. It brings a feeling of melancholy and at the same time it gets me into hig spirits. It's somewhat mixed feelings. I guess maybe that's the reason why people tend to turn suicidal during the festive periods.


A few nights ago, I spoke to Stanley and then to Sharon and yesterday Eve texted as well. Veron and her family just left on Sunday as well. Just talked to Mazzy online as well. I was talking to Sharon and I commented that I find that as I get older (yes, I finally admit that I'm getting older) I feel as if I have fewer friends. And it is precisely during the festive season that I miss my friends. This time last year, I had Eve, Susan and Sarah visiting and we went off to Phuket as well. And last year this time, I was still feeling in the dumps, but I had my best friends around me. This year, I've made new friends and I've got my best friend walking though this adventure and journey with me....My Babe!!!

I remember reading somewhere that some people never ever find their soulmates or best friends. They die without someone. I feel terribly blessed for the fact that I've got so many best friends. God has provided me more than enough best friends. I've got Babe and I married my best friend. What more can I ask for? He doesn't need to speak and I know what he's thinking at times. I've got Stanley, Lina and Eve. These are my top of the line best friends. Then I've got Veron, Sharon, Mazzy and a whole range of close/best friends. God has been great and it's strange how I don't really realise it...But I really thankful, grateful, appreciative and I couldn't ask for more from my friends!

Got an email from Ariel today and she remarked that I seem happier now. In a way, yes, I can happier now. I wrote and said that I'm away from the environment that made me feel shit and of course I'm happy now. On the other hand, it is strange how that I can seem to see what's going to happen 2 years later that I'm feeling great and happy. I've been searching online on Masters and Doctorate programs that I can do while I'm here trying to figure what I want in the future. I still can't figure out. I'm going to leave everything in God's hands and I believe that He'll take care of everything just like how He has been taking care of me in the last 32 years.



On Monday, I took the plunge and conceded defeat to the fact that I'm getting older. Family and friends who know me really well, understand my concerns of getting old, getting lines, wrinkles and horror of horror....shit loads of wrinkles running around my face. So my solution......I went to get La Mer. For those who are not in the know....La Mer is the best skin care on earth now...Till I find something else....But then again, it costs a bomb. Went home and took out my La Mer facial wash and Babe was like....What did you just buy??? How much??? And I told him...It's worth everything cent...unless you have the money to send me to Dr Woffles Wu next year! I'm starting my La Mer collection small. Start with facial wash first and then....next pay or when I finish one of my Biotherm then I'll buy a product from La Mer to replenish it. Gee...It's going to cost me too much to age....
Got a strange feeling that Babe might not want me to read anymore of my magazines...Think he's afraid that I might find an even better skin care that's going to cost a bomb....And I told him, you can't use this facial wash.....too expensive for your face! Actually, I felt a little bad after saying that.

No comments: