Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend with the Yaps

The Seets (yes, that's my married surname if you didn't know) spent some time with the Yaps. It was truly a great time to catch up and understand what is truly like to be parents.

On Friday night, the Loois, Yaps and Seets had dinner together at a restaurant where we lived. It is funny how we hardly have time to meet up for dinner in Spore and when we're all in Hong Kong, we find time to meet up. It was nice seeing ex-colleagues again. I do miss working with them.

On Saturday, we took an adventure to Shenzhen with little Ashton. From Park Island, we took a bus to Tsingyi, from Tsingyi, we changed 4 trains to Lo Wu and from Lo Wu, we had to cross the borders and finally, we got to a restaurant in Shenzhen for lunch. We probably left about 11 and reached the restuarant at about 1.30. The adults were wondering how we're going to shop with little monster...And voila, at about 2ish...he took his nap. And yes...the shopping and the bargaining started.

Got home, little monster had fun playing with his new toys. Toys that we had to drive a hard bargain for.

We learnt a lot over the weekend with the Yaps. Love Veron, Matthew and Ashton. They taught us little lessons that money can't buy. I got to see first hand what is it like to be a pregnant mum with a two year old. I remembered talking a flight once and before taking off, a kid was crying her lungs out and I actually told the father off. Now having spent time with little Ashton, I do realised that there's little a parents can do when the kid turns cranky. Having a child also takes a marriage into a different direction. I can see it now. And I don't care what people say about when you have a kid, you'll be ready to be parents. I don't believe in that crap. After having Ashton for a couple of days, I realised that it takes a lot to be parents and parents have to be ready to be parents. Sadly, I'm not ready to be a mother as yet. Have to admit that I'm too selfish to be able to think of someone else other than me.

Other then learning about having kids, we had conversations and we learnt a lot from each other. Something that I realised and I shared with Matthew is that we can plan all we want. Planning is always great, but ultimately, it is God that decides our lives and the direction that it's going to take. In all honesty, I never really thought that I'll end up in Hong Kong working. At the back of my head, I always thought that I was going to end up working and living in Australia. But the Almighty doesn't want us to take that direction now. WK and me are constantly praying about our direction in our lives as we're not sure where we're headed now. If this happened about 3 years ago, I would have been panicky and scared not being about to see what the future beholds for me...But now, maybe with age, and hopefully with lots more trust in God, I'm able to be calm and wait upon God's direction.

Enjoy the pics.









Yaps, thanks for sharing your son with us. It was a real good experience learning from the both of you. We REALLY ENJOYED Ashton!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty Jasmine & Uncle WK,

Thank you SO MUCH for having me, the well-known "terrorist" around. I MISS U!!!When I'm free at home, I would ask mummy, "Where is aunty Jasmine & Uncle WK?"

I'll love to visit u in HK after didi come out.

Bye! Lov, Ashton