Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's Beginning to Feel Like Christmas

Being trying to blog yesterday but for some reason, I couldn't get onto the blogger site. And then I remembered that Simon got firefox for me and now I can blog! Ya!

Been kinda busy at work for the last couple of days. School is breaking for Christmas hols this Friday and it's getting a little crazy here. Not that I'm doing a lot of work and thus I shouldn't be complaining...But then again, it's Christmas!!! I've never worked till so close to Christmas before. My body is screaming....it's bloody Christmas, I need a break...And well, true enough, it got a break. Was kinda sick last week with flu and it only got heaps better this week and this week, is WK's turn to get the flu. We're much better and all ready to fly home for Christmas. Can't wait!

It's been kinda cold these few days. Last weekend was especially cold. It was around 10 to 12 degrees but for the fact that we live on our little island and it's near the sea or bay, it's even colder. Was probably around 8 to 10 degrees. I've got my pink coat on almost everyday and even in the office as well. Got myself a pair of leather boots finally and been wearing it quite a bit as well. I get hungry more often now especially during the cold nights....But have to refrain.... Well, at least the cold is pleasant and not like in Singapore. Joanne told me that it was raining for a couple of days in Singapore and we joked that it's almost like days of Noah's Ark. At least I can say that I'm dry but cold in Hong Kong now. Saw the news on CNA and read it online as well. Wow, the most amount of rainfall recorded in like 75 years.

This is my first time spending Christmas in HK. Ok, not really spending my Christmas here. We're flying out on Sat back home. But you know, soaking in the festivities and sharing the Christmas story with the kids and the cold as well. Listening to Christmas songs that I downloaded. This is probably my second time that we're experiencing winter in November and December as well. It's a little foreign to me especially. I'm so used to winters in June and July.

Been going through the birth of Jesus with the kids. For once in a long time, I finally find that I'm really doing something meaningful. Sharing with the kids something that's important to me. I'm really thankful that I'm working in a Christian school and it's finally that I can share about Jesus openly to the kids. It's something that I was never allowed to do so when I was teaching in Singapore. It gives me comfort that I can stand and tell the kids the reason why we celebrate Christmas.

Been listening to All I Want for Christmas is You. And it warms my heart knowing that God has been very gracious and merciful to WK and me by giving WK a job in HK and that we can share this experience and journey together. And it is true that All I Want for Christmas is WK. What more can I ask for? My prayer for Christmas and the year head is for God to lead us and show us what He has install for us. And also for WK to be able see what his future beholds for him. And family and friends, thanks for your prayers. Can't wait to see everyone again. Only person I'll miss this Christmas is Eve. She's in States and I do miss her heaps. Girl, thanks for the wonderful present!

No comments: