Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2nd Day of the Year

Here am I sitting in my messy apartment in Hong Kong. Lots of cleaning up to do.....Left home at 4 am in the morning and the moment we get on the plane, even before the plane taxied, I fell asleep. Slept all the way through the flight and then got home, had lunch and then promptly took a nap. And now, suitcase is sitting in my apartment, stuff has to be packed, clothes to be sent to the laundry......oh well.....

When I woke up from my nap and after dinner, and on CNA, a plane went missing and today's news, the plane actually crashed. I don't take very well to news of plane crashes. This is especially when we were on a plane yesterday. Have to really thank God that He has given us journey mercies with all the flying that we have been doing.

Something struck me today as I was surfing the net. It does seem that it's around Christmas and New Year's that things happen. The ferry sank in Indonesia along with the plane crash and the earthquake in Taiwan, bombing in Bangkok and all these stuff happening...I wonder why? Then again, maybe, there's no answer to the why question. Then again, life is short and this might be a lesson to live everyday as the last....

This year, I truly hope and pray that lives will be spared and people will take their lives seriously and think about their lives. I remember having coffee with some friends and one of them was lamenting about work and how she wasn't very happy about work. My reaction was, be proactive and do something about it. I know it is easier said than done. I strongly believe that the Almighty gave us only one life and that we should make the best out of it. If work is so unbearable or life is putting one down, then it is time to reflect and understand why and to take charge of it.

So people, have a think of your life and what you want to do and how you're going to make a difference this year. At the end of every year, I always wonder if my year has turned out exactly like the year before. And I always wondered, what have I learnt this year that I've not learnt last year. This year, I'm not sure what the Almighty has in store for me but anyhow, I'm game for it!

No comments: