Monday, January 01, 2007

Last Post of the Year and First Post of the Year

I intended this post to be the last of the year and the first of the year. But oh well, things didn't really work out the way I wanted it to be.

I spent my last night of the year in church. It was nice spending my last night of the year, listening to church members sharing on how God has blessed and been real to them. I never really have the courage to go up and share how God has blessed WK and me. Maybe, just maybe, one day, I'll do that. Tonight's watch night is a little different. For one, I had to come back home to make sure that I've everything packed and my tummy is a little strange, not really behaving as I've obviously been eating too much. And dad and mum came to church with us as well. It's good.

I'm going to write about my highs and lows of the year. I'll try to write it in chronological order starting with highs.

Highs
In April, my sister Joanne got married. Wedding was great and we welcomed Joe to the family. The wedding was so romantic and it was just absolutely beautiful. Had a great time. I missed their engagement and it's nice to be there for their wedding. It was in April that I attended my graduation too. Aunty Sue, Eve and Susan attended it. Well, I got my masters after months and months of working my butt off for it. Grandpa, this is for you!!!

June came and I always love June because it's school hols for me. Monster got married and it was nice seeing her finally been happy and getting married to Shaun. (Sorry, don't know if this is the right version of Shaun, too many versions of Shaun, you know). I also visited my current workplace and also viewed my current apartment in HK in June. While in HK in June, it really dawned on me that I'm moving to HK and it was the start of my excitement.

Finally August came, and the big move to HK. It was exciting and I'm very thankful to God for making things work out. The day I landed, the day, I moved to my apartment. And I met nice friends. God is good. There's nothing more that I can ask for. I also managed to see my beloved grandma....God bless her soul! The best grandma anyone can ask for.

October was one of the most exciting time for me. WK made the move to HK. Praise God for providing him a job. We also spent my birthday at Disney. Well, God has really proved that He has, can and will take care of all of my needs. I need no one else. But it's always good to have my soulmate cum best friend be with me all the time.

November, another wedding....This time Eelynn and Bruno got married. I missed their wedding. Really wanted to make it there. Bruno, welcome to the mad Sims. WK and me celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary as well. A marriage is always hard but at the end of the day, I love WK still. Babe, thanks for all the sacrifices that you made for me and thanks for loving me.

December, an engagement....Ya, my best friend, got engaged!!! It's so exciting. Stan and Dorcas, I'm over the moon....Stan, thanks for keeping to the 'please get married before I turn 40' deal. Can't wait for the wedding.

Lows
There were lows this year...When there's highs, there's always lows. But thank God, there were more highs then lows.

April I was in Sydney, and it was then that I realised that I'll miss my friends there. I left my best friend and a good friend behind. Eve, my best friend and while I was in Sydney, we spent every weekend we can together. Knowing the fact that I was going to be in Sydney for only 10 months, made every moment spent with Eve very precious. Well, she's moved to San Diego almost the same time that I moved to HK. Kabi was the other person that I spent heaps of time with. He's a great guy. Thanks to him, I managed to survive Sydney as well. It was in April that I knew that my time in Sydney was up and probably I won't be living in Sydney for a while. Another low in April, Derek passed on. We met in Perth and he and WK were friends. It was a shock to know that he passed on. But he's in heaven and in a better place now.

August, my move to HK. Well, it was hard when I tendered my resignation. It was a hard decision. Going to work was becoming a chore as I had issues with my principal but at the same time, I love some of my colleagues. I miss working with Sharon, Veron, Angie, Doreen, Ariel and heaps more. It was hard knowing that I had to go but at the same time, it's hard to say my goodbyes to everyone.

November, one of the hardest news that came to me. Sharon, my cousin has breast cancer. It's going to be hard for her as her family is in Spore. Bee, will be praying for you.

Here you go, my highs and lows. What are my resolutions for the new year? Sometimes, I hate the resolution making, it seems so silly, and there are years that I hate new year's eve. New year's eve is a time that I stop to take stock of my life. And the brutal truth is that, I hate doing that as there are times that I think that the year has been a failure for me. Yes, I admit, sometimes I push myself too hard in wanting more and more out of myself and I'm learning to let go and let God take care of me.

My resolutions, firstly is to understand God's directions and to follow and to grow in Him more. Secondly, to take time to spend with WK and to take time to talk and just spend quality time with him and lastly...to lose weight......losing weight is such a hard thing to do.

My prayer requests for the year. I've only 2. Firstly, for God to show WK and me, what's next in our lives. I've got about another year and half left on my contract and I'm trying very hard not to panic or to start worrying....but I do wonder what are God's plans for WK and me. The next prayer request, adopting a child. For a couple of years, I don't have desire to have any kids of my own but rather I've a desire to adopt a child. Pray for wisdom and pray for the right time to adopt a child.

My wish for the year, sounds very cliche...But it's world peace. Even as I'm writing this, reports of bomb blast in Bangkok is on the news. It's hard to comprehend why would people want to hurt others....and in malicious ways.

In a couple of hours, we'll be on the plane back to HK. The time back to Spore has been very well spent. Family and friends, if I've missed you, I'm really sorry. I'll be back for CNY and promise, this time, I'll try to catch up with you. And I still didn't get to eat everything that I want....Hmmm....wonder if there's any possibility to get nasi bryani at 4 in the morning....maybe I can tapao back to HK.....

No comments: