Thursday, January 11, 2007

Because Jesus Would Have Freaking Done it!

Yes, I know, the title is a little or actually rather controversial. Let me explain. I came home for lunch on Tuesday and I caught a little of Grey's Anatomy. I like the show and I seem to only have time to catch snippets of it. Well, there was this scene (can't remember the characters' names) when this male intern was sleeping on the bed and this female intern woke him up to go through some stuff with him. I guess they have to take an exam soon or something like that. He asked her, why is she going to help him after what he had done. And she said, 'Because Jesus would have freaking done it!'

Well, that set me thinking for a couple of days. There are numerous times in my life that when someone does me wrong, I would seethe and be pissed and want to take revenge on that bastard or bitch. But then again, is that right? And going back, there was this person that I felt had singlehandedly almost made me lost sight of what I should be doing professionally. Like I wrote a couple times in my blog, he gave me an unjust appraisal and that almost made me give up as a teacher and almost sank me into an anger, bitter, upset, depressive state. And yes, I wanted revenge, sweet revenge. I almost told him, I sincerely hope that whatever I'm going through I hope that your daughters will go through exactly or worse than me.

Then I realise, why do I have such thoughts? Is that right in the sight of the Lord? What does the Lord Almighty say?

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19

And that stuck in my head and as much as I tried, there was anger and I had to let go because it was eating me up. And more importantly the bible clearly states that vengeance is the Lord's and not mine. And of course, it is easier said than done.

And then there are times that I feel that I've been unjustly dealt or some person or persons done me wrong and why do I have to forgive them? Why? But then again what does the bible say again?

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Matthew 18: 21, 22

An Eye for An Eye
38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
Matthew 5: 38- 40

So, there it is...Forgive....And that brings me to my point. What would have Jesus done? And yes, Jesus would have freaking done it! I'm learning over the period of time to learn to live like the Lord and yes, it can be very hard at times. But I'm learning everyday.......And yes, God rewards obedience....

No comments: