Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Year So Far.....

I've been trying hard to keep to my resolution of really going to the gym to work out to lose some fats and inches. Am especially determined after I realised that I lost my only pair of jeans that can fit me. Not sure where on earth is it. Me thinks maybe my laundry man loves my jeans too much and kept it! Went and walked around to shop of jeans and realised that I'm just one size too fat for normal size jeans and 2 sizes too small for fat people's jeans. So now, I must really try to lose weight to fit into normal jeans. As tempted as I am, I'm not going to eat myself to 2 sizes bigger.

So I'm been pretty good, went to the gym on Monday and yesterday, I went for a swim. Swimming, that's something that I've not done in about a year. Even the last time that I went swimming, it was snorkelling in the sea. Had lots of help from my life vest, fins and mask and my snorkel. So, I went into the pool yesterday in my bikini and my goggles. Errr...only female in the pool...A little like a whale going swimming. So I started swimming, and swimming...And in a matter of mins, boy was I tired. Think all in all, I probably only swam like for 15 mins. And I went home with muscle aches...Can you imagine that?

Came home and started to cook dinner. We had bangers and mash. I was so tired from swimming that I actually sat on the floor of my kitchen to peel the potatoes. And I went to bed early last night as well. Boy, I'm such a weakling!!! Still tired from swimming today and muscles are still aching. Think today, I'm going to walk on the threadmill and take it easy....But I still must try very hard to lose weight!!!Must buy jeans...must buy jeans!!!

Workwise, is getting a little busy for the next few days. I't s good in a way as I'm feeling that I'm beginning to make a little difference to the children's life. It's getting a lot more satisfying. We're having a half day English Camp today. In 2 weeks, we're having a parents' day and I'm meant to give a workshop on reading and then before Chinese New Year, we have an English Day. Everything is new and exciting and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm praying for WK as he's having troubles trying to figure out what the future beholds for him. I'm praying that he'll learn to lean on God's promises. That He'll take care of us no matter what happens. He's pretty insecure of the future whereas I've learnt to put my trust in Him since I guess, a long time ago. I live my life knowing that God will take care of my needs. But WK is a little different. He lives his life trying to make sure that his needs and my needs are taken care of by him and not by the Almighty one and that leads him to stress and sometimes I see that stress is eating him up alive. But I am thankful that over the period WK is learning to take from the Father's hand. In some ways, this is a good time of learning to trust in God for the both of us and to realign our faith as well. Do pray for us...It can be hard but we're learning everyday. We're trying to do our quiet time and also share on what we learnt from God's word that day as well.

No comments: