Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Freezing

It has been freezing from last week and the freezing weather is probably going to continue for another week. Guess, probably till we fly back to Singapore for Chinese New Year.

Last Friday, we had a school picnic. The whole school went to some picnic ground in Fan Ling, somewhere near to the border of China. Boy, was it freezing and on top of that, it rained as well. It was really cold and for the first time, I missed Spore's weather. Saturday came and we caught up with Stanley briefly in Tung Chung. Well, he was really cold too.

Let's just say that the weather was so cold to the point that on Monday, we had enough of sleeping in cold that we went out to get an electric blanket. Finally, a warm and nice bed. Normally, I love winter. But I've realised that in HK, winter is not the same. When I was living in Gold Coast, Perth and Sydney, winter was cold but there was the sun as well. I could see the bright sunny sun and nice clear blue skies. But in HK, it's just not the same. It's cold, foggy, or polluted, no sun and horror of horrors, there's rain as well! Gee, how bad can it get? This weather makes me feel sad and a little depress and basically, just blah.

But having said that, I do feel blessed and am thankful for everything. It's been reported in the news that China is facing one of the worst snow storms in a long time. People are literally freezing to death because of the lack of fuel and also because of Chinese New Year, people are rushing home to spend time with their family and accidents have happened on the roads because of the snow. When I think of them, I count myself blessed and yes, I should just shut up!

Anyway, Daddy, mummy and Jacqui are arriving tomorrow. Really looking forward to them visiting. But we seriously don't know how is everyone going to fit in and sleep especially now that it's so so cold!

No comments: