Monday, November 23, 2009

7th Year

The 7th year of marriages is always associated with the 7th year itch. But to me, any year can be the the year of itch. This is especially in this day and age, a marriage is just a piece of paper. It's no longer regarded with the same sanctity as before. A divorce can happen just months after a marriage. At the back of the heads of some, if this marriage is not going to work out, fine, it's not a big deal, there's always another person out there for me.

I'm not putting anyone down but truth of the matter is that divorce rates are going higher and higher. But having said all that, a marriage is never easy. I know that for a fact. It is an ongoing process. And sure, there are days that I really feel like throwing in the towel and walking away from it. But it is the love that Babe has for me that makes me realise that a marriage is always hard work but it has it's rewards. There's always give and take and yes, I admit that there are times that I take more than I give and I'm learning everyday to be a better wife and person.

I'm not perfect and I admit it without hesitation and therefore I do not expect a perfect husband too. However, I'm glad that my husband accepts all my flaws and mostly without grumbling. I'm not a housekeeper. My housekeeping skills pretty much do not exist. I'm very good at making a mess at home and leaving a trail behind me. But he still loves me all the same. I'm not able to describe or even be able to write or articulate how much Babe loves me but all I can say is heaps and heaps more than I can ever imagine. And I'm always truly thankful for him.

We're entering into our next stage of life. It's an adventure that we're on. Babe's starting a new job soon and this job will take away from home heaps. It's not something that I'm totally looking forward to but it's something that I know will be better for our future and I'm supportive of whatever he does. It was a hard decision for him as I know that he hates being away from home but he wants to provide more for the family, not that we don't have enough but Babe, being Babe, loves me that he wants more for me. And that's one thing that I respect him for. He loves me as much or maybe even more than himself.

Babe, thanks for the past 7 awesome years! And yes, I'm looking forward to more awesome years ahead and growing old and walking into my sunset years hand in hand with you.

No comments: