Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What Have You Done For Me?

Last week when I was at fellowship group at Park Island, there was this guy that shared his testimony and I was really touched by it.

He was sharing that he was on the plane flying from Taipei back to Hong Kong when halfway through the flight, the left engine blew up. And it was then, that his life flashed in front of him and then he heard God ask him, 'What have you done for me?'. Well, he wasn't a Christian yet and he continued with his story. Not going to talk about it as it is his story. But something struck me hard and deep.

I sat there thinking and came home pondering, yes, what have I done for Him? The reality of it, is that, I don't have the answers. I spend my life grumbling and complaining and when trials and tribulations come along, I get mad and ask and grumble at God and even shake my fists at Him. And I forget all the times that He has brought me through life and all the difficulties. But God has always a purpose for everything. And it was truly a great reminder, what have I done for Him?

No comments: