Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Before I go on, I'm not American and not have really thought about Thanksgiving until my cousins moved to America and I moved to Hong Kong and started hanging out with Americans. Over time, I decided that Thanksgiving is one event that I'm going to start celebrating as a family. And no, I'm not an American wannabe or anything like that. I still don't celebrate Halloween or Independence Day. I chose to celebrate Thanksgiving because it's a good reminder to me that God has really provided lots for me. This includes materially and emotionally. And therefore it's serves as a good time to be thankful for the wonderful blessings that He has showered upon my family and me!

This Thanksgiving is extra special because I've got part of my family with me. Dad and mum along with Joanne and Jo Claire are visiting. It's nice to be with them. Dad went to Zhuhai this morning for work. It's a shame that we can't have dinner together. Been thinking of going to a nice restaurant for Thanksgiving but we're sure that the American restaurants will be full. Plus, mum's knee is still giving her problems and so we might just end up having dinner in one of the restaurants on the island. But who cares if we're eating turkey or not. Just along as we're together as a family, that's all that matters! And yes, love that JC is here too!!! Very thankful for that!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Remember God's blessings and count them and be thankful!

No comments: