Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Hitting Mid Life

A couple days ago, I officially hit my mid life. Three scores and ten, that's an average person's life span and guess, I'm about halfway there. I know that I've must have mentioned that I'm not very good with aging and am still learning to age gracefully. And I am really appreciative of what life has given me so far.

I had friends over for dinner on Saturday and as I sat and looked around, I'm glad to have met these friends over the three years that I've been in Hong Kong. When I moved to Hong Kong, I hardly have any friends at all. But over time, God has led them one by one to me and over time, they have become family to me. Am truly thankful and appreciative of every single one of them.

When we first moved to HK, we didn't have Christian friends or a community of Christian friends to hang out together. But God is His wisdom brought a community to us. We had some of friends from the fellowship group at dinner too. I am truly blessed. There's nothing more that I can really ask of. God truly has seen me through the first half of my life and He has given me more than I can ever ask for. And I'm sure that He'll continue to see me through the rest of my life.

No comments: