Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back Home?

I'm back in Hong Kong finally after about 5 weeks of travelling. To be honest, I am happy to be back but at the same time, there are thoughts in my head. Thoughts that are just floating and making me ponder. Yes, I love to think a lot I must admit, especially now that I'm home alone with Happy.

First thought that's been floating for the past couple of days. Where's home for me now? I was excited to head home to Spore for the holidays. Spent about 2 weeks there. I had a great time there. Met up with family, friends and even ex-students as well. And yes, even had lunch with Pastor and Mrs Heng. Come to think of it, the last time that I had lunch with Pastor and Mrs Heng was probably more than 6 years ago. In the first week we stayed at Oriental Hotel which in a way was great but it wasn't exactly a home. The second week, we moved to dad and mum's. Yes, it's nice to be with family but at the same time, at the back of my head, I wasn't exactly at home there. Yes, it was my home before but now, I felt like a visitor back to my parents' home. And I wonder, is it the fact that we don't have a physical home in Spore anymore that we feel less at home in Spore? Even Babe mentioned as he sent me off at the airport, that this is his first time actually wanting to head back to HK but he can't because of work reasons. On the flight back, I felt happy. I couldn't wait to land to get home! And when I opened the door, even though the apartment is in a mess, I felt home! It's hard, for me to realise that home for now is HK.

Second thought, after landing in HK, while waiting for the bus, I was surfing on my iphone. I read on Channelnewsasia's website that a Spanish plane skidded in Madrid and killed 45 people. I sat there with shivers down my spine. Despite my love for travelling, flying still scares me at times! A couple of days ago, I took the public bus with Babe and I joked with him that we probably catch the plane more times than catching the public bus in Spore. Sorry, don't mean to sound snobbish. I've a mini phobia of flying as I'm afraid of plane crashes. I remember somewhere early this year, I was on a flight back to Spore and the plane hit turbulance and well, I threw up on the plane. Quite bad, I must say. And I do not watch movies with plane crashes as the theme. I am very thankful for the journey mercies that God has showered upon me on these flights. And am very thankful that Babe has always been safe despite the fact that he's travelling a lot more.

Third thought, friends.....Am very thankful for friends that God has provided all these years. I met up with Joy. A friend that I've met at uni more than 10 years ago and for the last 11 years since I've graduated, I've not met up with her. Met up with her in her beautiful home, saw her cute son and husband and am genuninely happy that she's doing well. Wished we had more time to sit down and chat but I guess there's always next time. I'm also glad to have caught up with friends and that friends have made the effort to spare the time for me. I must give extra credit to Sharon and Veron. Despite being extremely busy and pregnant, Sharon still took time to have lunch with me and to share laughter. Really miss those times that we just sat and chat. I remember travelling a couple of times with Sharon and she's always a laugh. Veron's the same. Extremely pregnant and huge, she took time to have lunch and then dinner with me. Plus, I got to see her kids too. There are times that I really miss working with them but I guess I should be thankful that I'm blessed with wonderful friends like them. Even Angie took time to meet up to lunches and she also made chillies for me. Looking at my friends in Spore and my friends in Hong Kong, I am more than thankful in every single aspect. I have more friends than I can ask for. Yes, I am trusting and there are times that I have gotten bitten by so called friends but if I have to be bitten and stabbed just to meet the wonderful friends that I have, I am more than happy to get bitten and stabbed again. These are friends that are like my family now.

I have way more thoughts....But at this time, I'm just going to focus on happy thoughts....I just want to savour me coming home and being with Happy. Will blog about my other thoughts in the future or maybe never. Sometimes I've way too much thoughts that it scare me.

No comments: