Sunday, August 31, 2008

Settled In?

Been back in HK for a couple of weeks now. I feel that I've been settled in ever since the day I got back to HK. Since Babe is still in Spore, my time has been filled with meeting friends for coffee, lunches and dinners. Actually, been a little too busy. Today, I started wondering, how long will I be settled here for?

Last Thursday, I went for Hannah's farewell dinner. I got to know Hannah through Mel and she's just a wonderful person with a great sense of humor! I feel like, just when I got to know her, it's time for her to go. Today in church, Esther and William, a couple from the church that we attend, they're going back as well. They've been here for 25 years and now, it's time for them to go. After lunch, Nat and me were just chatting and he mentioned that his parents came back to HK to pastor a church and basically with all their moves, they listened to God and took it upon them to listen and move with faith. It was like Abraham when God told him to move and he obeyed. It was the same with Nat's friend, Maureen, we met her on the train and she joined us for lunch. She said that she felt that it was really God's will for her to move here.

I thought about my life and I wonder, will Babe and me be able to do that? Yes, in my ideal life, if Babe has to move to Delhi, I would like to do charity work with the people there. But in reality, would I be able to do that. Would I have the obedience to be able to really listen and obey? But am then reminded of what Pastor Heng always says, 'Honour God and He'll honour you back.' Sure, it's always easier said than done.

I know that there are times that I live this paradox, ironic, double standard or whatever you call it. I blog and talk about me going to church and sure, there are many times that I do not seem to exhibit the life of a Christian. I admit and I know. Sure, I've been called a hypocrite, a pew warmer, a Sunday Christian and whatever. But, I'm learning. Everyday I'm learning to be a better person and yes, I'm human, sure, I fall off the bandwagon all the time. High profiled Christian leaders and evangelists fall off the bandwagon all the time as they get tempted by the world. If they can fall, what more can be said about me? However, I know and understand that I need to learn and trust and believe that with time, hopefuily, I will become a better Christian and person, NOT for me, I don't need any praise or glory but rather to live a life for Him.

No comments: