Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Thoughts....Last Night in America


This is my last night in America. Time does fly really quick when you're having fun. There're lots of thoughts running through my head. I am sad that I'm leaving and I'll miss Eve heaps and heaps but at the same time, I can't wait to see Babe again. My Babe needs me. He had his cataract operation today and it's a bummer that I'm not with him. Makes me a little sad that I'm not there with him. But guess, this is life. We sometimes can't be there for each other physically.

It's the same with Eve. My ideal life would be living in the same country, just same country will be great, with Eve and a couple of good friends. But guess, this reality is not going to be easy to achieve. For now, I'm contented to be able to see Eve once a year. Before coming out to see Eve, I had worries for her. Worries that dogged me a few weeks before I came here. But after being here and spending time with her, I'm happy to say that I know that she'll be fine.

Eve is one of the strongest persons that I know. Whatever that happens, I know that she'll be able to handle it. At the same time, at the back of my head, I'll always think and worry about Eve because it's not like I can see her once a month or once in 2 months but rather, it's almost annually now. And I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see her next summer. One thing that I love about it is her willingness to try new stuff. Whenever I holiday with her, I always end up trying something different. In Australia, we went quad biking, horseback riding, saw dolphins upfront, stayed in a cottage with kangaroos hopping around, went kayaking and there's probably more that slipped off my mind. She's this one adventurous girl and it spills onto me. Oh yes, she brought me to my very first baseball game too.

Girl, thanks so much for your hospitality. Will miss you heaps and heaps! Can't wait to see you soon again. I really had a great time just spending time with you. Love you heaps and take care!

This trip also made me realised how grateful am I that God has blessed me with Babe. I'm not rubbing salt into anyone or anything like that. But I've realised that it is hard to find the One. The One who is the soulmate, best friend and lover. But I've been so so blessed in that God found Babe for me. And importantly, I'm beginning to understand more and more that Babe's love for me is beyond me. I guess there are many times in our relationship and marriage that I forget or don't see it enough the little things and gestures that Babe has done for me. I guess, I've always been so focus on looking for 'what has he not done enough' for me kinda thing that the good stuff and things that he has done for me, flew out the windows. But this trip, made me realised that. Babe, love you heaps! Can't wait to see him soon again!

No comments: