Friday, September 12, 2014

Still

For the past year, I've been feeling that my life is on a roller coaster ride with the lows more than the highs. And the feeling of wanting to walk away and giving up has never felt stronger and me feeling a lot more drained than before.

In my head, I know that it will all come to pass and things will be fine again. But in my heart, I question God, why? Why are things not as smooth sailing when I think I've obeyed and do what you want? Why are things still so tough? Can't you make things easier and why don't you just make everything nice and rosy again. Yes, those have been my thoughts for this past year. And each time, I feel low, God sends someone, something or some situation to let me know that I'm not alone in the walk. And I hear God telling me, 'Even though you're walking through the valley of the shadow of death, I'm walking right beside you.'

Last Sunday, towards the end of the service, this song was sung.

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

Immediately, I felt a sense of relief. I know in the midst of life's storms, I have a faithful God who is right beside me throughout. Yes, a tough year. Decisions made, prayers prayed and answered and some prayers, still waiting for answers and some was answered with a no. But at the end of it all, I know that my heavenly father knows what best for me and I just need to trust in Him. And no, the difficult journey is not quite over. We are still praying for a couple of things but God has answered some major prayers of ours in which we shall share in the near future. But as of now, I'm learning to be still and listen to God and not let the worries of the world overwhelm me but rather to cast my burdens on Him.


No comments: