Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back in Hong Kong

After a long and nice vacation, we're settling back into our lives in Hong Kong. Have to say that the two trips I had were really very meaningful. Have to say they are probably the most meaningful holidays that I've actually taken.

The trip to States was wonderful. Caught up with my three cousins that are living there. Met Eve in San Diego, took nice trips to Vegas and LA. And more importantly, we spent time with each other and we talked about our future and tried to plan it in a way that we'll be able to live in the same city and let's just say that the dream is in the works of becoming a reality.

The trip to Singapore was meaningful and significant. We sold our apartment and in a way, we feel that our material links to Singapore are been cut and the reality of not knowing when we are really heading back there to live is becoming more real. Have to say that it scares me a little but I know that whatever happens, the Almighty Lord will lead us. Attended Stan's wedding, very touching have to say and am so so happy, elated, joyous and in other words, extremely happy for the newly weds. Met my two cousins that mean a great deal to me. Met my monster, glad that she's finally happy and settled with her other half. And Monster, next time, I'll make sure that I'm catching the afternoon flight so that I can get krispy kreme for you. I met Morgan as well. He's my other cousin that I'm really close to. We have similar childhoods and in his words, we shared both good and bad memories. It was so good to see him. I've not seen him for close to two years. It's a relief to know that he's doing fine and things are good with him. Got an email from him and have to say that I'm really proud and happy with the decision he has made.

My only regret of the trip, I did not get to meet the person that probably needed my time the most. I should have met him. He did not want to make the effort to meet me and honestly, I should have made more effort to go and meet him. Little One, if you're reading this, I'm sorry that I didn't make time for you. Terribly sorry, I know that I should have made the time for you. It is a regret of mine. My only wish for you is for you to get back to school and for you not have regrets in life later on. Little One, maybe you might not know but I know for a fact that your dad is hurting and is very worried for you. He loves you heaps, more than you ever know. He's not yelling or screaming at you because he does not want to get be even further from you. He's trying very hard to reach out to you. Your aunty is also very worried for you. I met her and we talked about you. Actually, everyone is very worried and concern about you. We all love you heaps. To be honest, when you were born, you were the most loved by everyone, more than your brothers. And it's still not too late to rectify and correct whatever that you want to correct. It's always better to be early than late and better late than never. If you ever need to talk to me, please call me and you know how to get my number, right? Little One's dad, if you can, get Little One to read this post. Might be good for him. Little One's dad, sorry, I didn't make time for him. I promise, the next time I head back, I'll sit down and talk to him.

Overall, my summer holidays have been good. But as usual, it could have been better.....Well, there are regrets but one can only look forward and try make amends and make it better.

No comments: