Monday, October 20, 2008

Bittersweet Weekend

It was a bittersweet weekend. But I must say, overall, I enjoyed it.

Last week, I received an email from a friend that I hadn't seen for close to a year. She wrote to say that she'll be in HK on Saturday and asked if I had time to meet up with her. Sure, I did have time for her. She was my second friend in HK. I mean a true second friend. My first friend Michelle left and last year, this friend left because of a personal issue. When she left, it was hard for me. Really hard because I missed having coffees and dinners with her. She was a shopper like me. But under this beautiful person, her character was even more beautiful. So I met her. Spent a nice afternoon with her catching up. It was hard for her as she had things that she flew back here for. She mentioned that it's a strange feeling coming back to a country which she thought was going to be her home. And the 2 closest persons to her in HK are no longer around. She lost them to various reasons. When she said that, something pulled in my heart. I remember years ago after I graduated from uni, I had that feeling when I went back to Gold Coast. Things felt different. But I guess for this friend, it's a lot deeper. She's been through a lot but she's has grown immensely from it. Learnt a lot and in her own words, she laughed as she said, 'Whatever that does not kill you, only makes you stronger.' Yes, sister. You got it.

After meeting her, I thought about a couple of things. When she left HK last year, I really didn't know when will I ever see her again and more importantly, will she ever heal from what she was going through then. This time seeing her made me feel lots better. She managed to heal and is still healing and it'll take her a while. And I know that I'll always see her again someday. Our goodbyes are not really goodbyes because somewhere down the road, we'll meet again. Actually, probably in less than a month!

After meeting my friend, Babe, Mel and I went to watch Beauty and the Beast because our friend, Kim was performing in it. It was a nice performance. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was also nice to see that finally Babe is able to hang out with my friends. As most of you know, he's not very good at it.

The other highlight of the weekend......We book our tickets to LA for Christmas! Can't wait! A bonus to be going to the States twice in a year! A huge bonus! Get to see my cousins and Eve again!

No comments: