Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ocean Park

On Saturday we went to Ocean Park. After being here for more than 2 years, we have never been to Ocean Park and since they have a Halloween special, we thought, why not. Well, it's not as if we had lots of things to do. Look at the crowd. This is at 5.30 in the evening. Seriously, I almost wanted to turn around to go home because of the crowd.

Pumpkins....and more pumpkins. Not that crowded after all. I can deal with it. Oh...so I thought.. Oh yes, if you noticed, I chopped my hair. Had enough of the long hair and the heat was making me mad! Plus, my hair was getting yucky and damaged.

Ohhh....scary monster.....Very scary.
A view from the cable car. I have to admit that I'm not very good with heights. Don't forget for the longest time, I lived on the first and second floor. Didn't have to take the lift for a long time. This cable car ride was actually more scary than all the scary rides that I've taken in my life. It was long and close to the cliff and there were jerks too. Didn't want to say it out to Babe that I was actually petrified that the cable car might drop and crash!
My cutie Babe. It's really nice having him home during the weekends. Nice that we can do stuff together.
Don't really know where we were in Ocean Park but boy, was it crowded. There was a Chinese band playing. Didn't know what they were singing or screaming. Everyone was queuing and the queue was like an hour long too!
I love these orange scary pumpkins!
By this time, I just wanted to go home. And we were there for just 2 hrs or more. I had enough. The crowd, the heat and I could almost feel the migraine developing.
Another scary monster on the way out.
The exit. Overall, I feel that Ocean Park was one of the worst theme parks I've ever been to. It's just too big, lots of walking, rides were too spaced out. And the real walkable space is too little. It's built on a cliff or some rocky area. Plus for the fact that it was Halloween, there were hired scary people that were chasing scared people. Didn't the management think of the safety issues. Stupid people were pushing others out of their way because they were scared. There weren't very nice food for us to eat too.

Maybe we went on a crowded day or I'm just bias and I love Disney too much. But it can be hard for a theme park not to tie up with another media company. It was a theme park without much of a theme. If you know what I mean. Oh well, it was a good day out after all....Maybe this weekend we might hit Disney....

No comments: