Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Call

I received a call today. A call that I kinda knew was coming and I was sort of dreading it too. My case worker for adoption called. As you know, we've been in the process of adopting for forever. It's been a long, long journey and it's still not at the end yet.

So anyway my case worker told us that we've been pulled out of the pool of prospective adoptive parents for the time being. The reason being is that Babe is kinda working overseas. When Babe had to move to Singapore for work, we sort of knew that this might happen. But we decided to be truthful and honest about our situation to our case worker. He tried his best to help us in many ways and guess, he must have dreaded the call to me as well.

Well, we're not ending our journey for adoption. We've just taking a pit stop. Babe can't head back to Hong Kong now. He would if he could. He has obligations that has to be fulfilled and in God's time, he'll head back. At the same time, when he heads back to Hong Kong, we're going to take the leap of faith because he'll be leaving his job to be back in Hong Kong. I know, some people might ask if this is all worth it? Why not just have one of your own? I asked Babe the same question. I know what my answers are but I wanted to hear Babe's answers. He said that he'll rather honour God and do what He wants for us than to have a job and have material wealth. What he said gave me great comfort because it was the same answer that I've inside me. And that confirms and reaffirms that it is God's will.

In having said all these, when I was preparing dinner, there were some thoughts that came through. This May would be one year since we rejected a child that was matched to us. Sure, I was really mad with Babe when he said no. But I respected his decision and submitted to him. And to a certain extent, I did feel God punishing us in some ways. I felt His chastisement and His love at the same time. Yes, more than one year is a long time to wait for His will but it is all worth it. And a thought ran through my head, I've been through so much in life, God is just getting me ready for more in life and what's this little hurdle going to do to me? Babe and me took 10 years to get married. And if it's going to take 10 years from marriage to have our firstborn, so be it. God's timing is always perfect.

Yes, In His time, He makes all things beautiful, in His time.

No comments: