Monday, April 12, 2010

A Transient Life?

I'm back in HK after a long Easter break. I reached home last night at midnight and had to get to work this morning. Not a good idea. Regretted it last night while trying to get myself to sleep. Oh well, I learn something about myself every day.

While trying to fall asleep last night, I started to think about my life and where it is leading. I realized that my life isn't that transient anymore. What I thought was going to be a 2 year stint in Hong Kong is turning out to be longer than expected. The only transient thing about my life is the holidays that I take. Flying between Hong Kong and Singapore and sometimes, making pit stops in different parts of Asia and occasionally, stops in States. Other than that, there's nothing really transient about my life.

Why was I thinking about my transient life? Maybe it was a prompt that it's time to sink my roots. What I mean by that is to really attend a church and to start serving in that church. Yes, I attend a church in Hong Kong. It's the 3rd church that we attend and to a certain extent, we believe that this might be the church for us to settle in. And in settling in, it's time to start finding an avenue to serve. I do feel horrid floating along and not really serving in the last four years.

Another part of my transient life is my marriage. At this point of time, Babe is commuting between Singapore and Hong Kong to see me. On top of that, he's also commuting between Singapore and the Asia Pacific region for work. I do feel sorry for him because I know it's hard for him. It's hard for him that I'm not with him and it's harder for him that he has to travel and it take a toll on him. Hopefully, in time to come, he's be able to take a break and have a breather.

So here, my transient life that's becoming rather stable. And don't take it wrong, I'm not complaining.

No comments: