Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Far Too Long

So it finally hit me. I know what's wrong now. Two nights ago, I was chatting with a colleague when we had time to spare before the school concert. She was asking me if I was heading back to home for summer. As we were chatting, it finally dawn upon me. I am slightly homesick. Yes, going to admit it.

I miss my family, JC, food and lots of food and my friends home. This is the longest stretch for the 5 years that I've been away from Spore. Comparing to last year, I was home almost every month. The last time I was back was in January for the school trip and then that was it. I miss JC. I miss cuddling her and talking to her. I miss having my huge family get togethers with my uncles, aunties, cousins and yes, my grandma. And now, my two grandmas. A couple of days ago, I was on Facetime with JC and when she said goodbye, she gave me kisses, flying kisses and then the screen kinda blacked out and my mum was yelling, she's giving you a hug! JC was hugging the phone.

It's hard sometimes but when I take a step back, I'm thankful. I'm thankful to be blessed with Josias and yes, we understand that we need to be in HK for our probation. We love our time with him. Every day after work, I look forward to hanging out with him. I'm even letting my gym membership go to waste now. But who cares, I'm spending time with him. And money can't buy the little giggle, chuckle, smile, crawl, stand and I don't want to miss seeing him take his first steps too. So in other words, I'm thankful. Yes, thankful, so don't get me wrong.

Oh, I did have a good Mother's Day. Babe got me a really nice present. So I'm not complaining. Had a great time hanging out with the family. I'm actually glad that our helper is off every Sunday as it allows us to hang out as a family and it's almost like every Sunday is Mother's and Father's Day. Well, just about 2 months to go and it'll be summer and we'll be able to head back to Spore. Can't wait! And there's Maldives to look forward too!

No comments: