Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Plans

So we're just a footstep away from summer holidays. Yes, just a tiny baby step away. Monday will be the last day at work and my last work of work at the school too. It's kinda bittersweet as well. Anyway, this post is not about leaving my work but rather summer plans.

Months and months before summer, probably just after Christmas I started making plans for summer. And notice, it's I that was making plans. So I had grand plans from going to meet Eve in Hawaii to going to Europe to going Maldives again and a whole range of plans. But I forgot Babe in the equation and then I started discussing with Babe and plans started to roll again. But time and time again, we had to change our plans as Babe has to work and also travel for work. We had to factor that in.

Finally, we had our plans firmed last month. Singapore first, then Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne and then maybe Bangkok. And in Singapore, we were meant to have little Baba's second birthday party there too. And restaurant was booked and cake ordered too. So we thought our summer plans were kinda fixed. Then a couple of days ago Babe told me that yes, there's changes again. I'm like, what? Changes again? That's when the slight panic began. We had to move little Baba's birthday party but we had to check the restaurant's availability and when that was settled, we had to make sure that the cake will be ready. And I'm trying to do all these remotely from Hong Kong and the party is meant to be like in two weeks' time too. Yes, it's kinda crazy. But thank God, all went well. Restaurant is able to accommodate us, cake can be baked on time. So I thought that there's no more changes. Then Babe called to tell me that there's more changes again! I'm like, huh?

Yes, trying roll with the flow. So there's probably going to be more changes over summer. But there at least I know that Singapore and Melbourne are confirmed. And I can't wait for the start of holidays. It's been a long school year. I really need the break!

No comments: