Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer so far

We've been in Spore close to two weeks this Thursday. So far it has been really great. We touched down on the 19th. It was a little nerve wrecking in the beginning as I had to fly alone with Baba but Baba was absolutely great! He behaved so well. 


The moment we touched down Singapore, we had a ball. A week later, Babe arrived in Singapore. Initially Babe was worried that Baba would forget him but of course Baba didn't. In fact, every night before Babe arrived, he would ask for Babe. And sometimes Baba would give me a sad face when he asked for his dada. Babe arrived and we had Baba's birthday party last Saturday. It was a blast! Sorry no pics for the moment as I was too busy to take pics and Jacqui hasn't given me any pics yet. We had to have Baba's party early as Babe might be busy with work and he might be traveling during that period.

I'm really glad that every year, I get more than four weeks off and it's nice to be able to chill and spend time with Baba and the family. Sure when I'm back in Spore, there seems to be endless things to do but when I've got a long break, things don't seem so rushed. And I get to spend more time with the family, especially JC. I love watching JC and Baba interact with each other. Sometimes, it is a laugh but more often than not, they always end up in a fight. But after the fight, they're all loving again. It's seriously a laugh.

I also had the opportunity to catch up with old friends. Friends that I've not seen for years. The lady that baked Baba's cake was an old uni friend that I've not probably seen for close to fifteen years. It was nice to catch up even thought it was a short chat. And another friend, probably not seen her for four years or so, turned up at Baba's party. Again had a great time to catch up. At the back of my head, I'm feeling that it's when I leave overseas that these meet ups and catch ups begin to have lots more meaning to it. I guess its when I know that'll be a while before we catch up again that I tend to treasure these sessions a lot more. Plus the people that really make the effort to catch up with me, really make my day too.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Enjoy the pics.

 Little Baba in his own seat playing with the controls. Got to say that this flight was probably one of my best with Baba alone. So well behaved!

 After we arrived, we had to wait for mum as she finished her work in the clinic. The two kids for some reason behaved really well. Brought little JC out for a drink too.

 On the way to the Splash Park. Notice that they are wearing matching clothes? You can't see it in the pic but they're wearing matching shoes too!

 This was taken the day Babe arrived. Little Baba was so happy that Dada's with him. We went to the park near mum's place for a walk.

 Last year, we went for the same production. At that time, little Baba was quite squirmy. He couldn't keep still. But this time, he watched the whole watch quietly and he was really concentrating.
 Cupcakes that I baked for little Baba. You can't see it in the pic but the cupcakes had three layers of colours.

No comments: