Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Parenthood

So I have to agree that parenthood is difficult. Yes, very difficult and it does stuff to marriages that you'll never expect. A couple of years ago, I heard a pastor say that married with no kids is not really married. It's like going on a extended courtship. I wasn't sure if I bought that. We didn't have Baba at that time

And so we had little Baba and then the marriage took a different dimension. And honestly, he was right. Babe and I have different ideas about parenting because obviously we were raised differently. Then we are of differently personalities and we have different views on stuff. Yes, in general parenting can be hard. Then you have the mix of the extended family pitching in with ideas of how to raise little Baba and then we start entertaining these ideas and then we argue about it and you get the picture. And then I've got to pause and stop and ask myself am I doing this or whatever the argument is for myself or for Baba.

Then I realised that both of us want the best for little Baba that's when I've to take a step back and put down my tiger mum's claws and like Babe run with Baba and let him do what he thinks is the best for little Baba. And sit back and remember that parenthood is meant to strengthen the marriage and also that Babe loves Baba as much as I love Baba.

No comments: