Friday, January 23, 2015

Round up of 2014

So, I know that I'm a little late in writing this post. There's just way too much stuff to do and too little time.

So since I last wrote, we went back to Singapore for a weekend in late Oct/early Nov to celebrate Wawa's birthday and to show him to the family. It was our first time flying with him and I was kinda worried how are we going to deal with 2 kids on the flight. But the sons were awesome! It was a good flight. Nothing major happened. Got to the serviced apartment and we had a blast. Too short a trip but nonetheless it was great as usual.



Yes, there's a whale on his cake! A reminder to Wawa to always obey God so that he will not be swallowed by the whale.

November rolled along and it was our 12th wedding anniversary. Truth be told, a marriage is never easy. Yes, never. There's always a lot of work to do. Before kids, our marriage was much simpler. Well, there were stuff to argue but there were no kids to argue about. Then throw in one kid and the disagreements add on and throw in one more, there's even more disagreements and more stuff to argue. But I am really blessed to have Babe as a partner in this marriage. Sure, there's always tough times but it's when we have these tough times that we experience the sweetness of the marriage.


Thanks Babe for always being so dependable and knowing what I like. Always pottering in the kitchen to cook dishes that I love. Thanks for the beautiful scarf that you took time to go look for it. My favorite designer and he just knew that I would totally love it. Am glad to be your partner in life's journey.

Christmas rolled along and it was my first time flying with two boys. Yes, two boys. It was a later flight and I was really worried that the boys might turn cranky and I'll probably have a meltdown too! But thank God, we survived! The boys did really well.




Yes, smiles on the flight. A mini tantrum from older boy that was over in 5 mins and guess, there'll be more of these solo flights with the boys. Babe joined us a few days later for Christmas. It was really nice to see the cousins hanging out together. Got to see my latest nephew, Jarron. But it's kinda of sad that I won't be seeing my nieces and nephew grow up. Especially Jarron who will be living in Melbourne. But I guess, this is what happens with global families.

 Wawa meeting Jarron for the first time. Jarron, can't wait to see you again. Guess, by the time I see you next, you might be crawling already. Kinda sad that I'll be missing out on you.

Jojo and Baba. It's hard for these two whenever we have to leave. Jojo gets really upset and she keeps asking Babe to get a job in Spore so that she can see Baba all the time.

 Jo Cara, my other niece. Can't believe that she has grown so much. The last I saw her in late October, she wasn't really friendly and didn't want me to carry and cuddle her. But this time round, she's all so cuddly!

Jo Callie, my youngest niece. Well, she packs a voice. A crying voice! But she's such a cutie. So the kids each have a partner. Jojo and Baba. Mei Mei and Wawa, Jo Callie and Jarron. 3 boys and 3 girls.

We were very glad to be able to sync our trips to be able to spend time with my best friend and his wife. They live in the States now and it's hard to actually see other. We were very blessed by them that they got us a room at the hotel so that they can spend time with their godsons.



Baba actually went out with them alone in the morning. It's the first time that he spend time alone with other people other than his family. But we totally trusted his godparents. He came back and was so happy with his adventure. We're thankful that our boys have them as godparents. Can't ask for more. Baba was another godma living in the States too. Got to find time to bring him to hang out with her soon.

So 2014, honestly was one of the most difficult years in my life. The uncertainty of what God wanted us to do, where God wanted to place and our future. Babe entered 2014 wanting a rest but God instead gave us a beautiful present and got Babe to enter the workforce again. I was stretched trying to figure out how to be a wife, mum and a teacher without family support in HK. But God in his graciousness brought around people who I can call upon when I need help in HK. It's really very humbling to see how God moved and continue to move in our lives. Yes, it was a tough year but I grew and learnt to rely more on Him.

And we entered into 2015.

A year late...But he learnt how to ride a bike! Yes, very proud of him. My little 4 and half year old cycling around the island.


No comments: