Thursday, February 24, 2011

Out for Dinner with the Ladies and Josias

Last Tuesday night, I met up with a couple of ladies for dinner. It was kinda long overdue. I've not seen one of them for maybe more than 2 or 3 months. I decided to bring Josias along as the ladies wanted to see him. So the trek to Pacific Place with the little boy started. But I kinda forgotten that I had to see my chiropractor before meeting the ladies. And there I was thinking and figuring it out and well, I had no choice, brought the helper to Central with me. Told her to look after little one while I got myself sorted.

Got myself sorted and then sent helper home to get dinner ready for Babe. I must say it was interesting as I navigated myself through public transport and the streets of Hong Kong with the huge stroller and bags of stuff. I survived getting to Pacific Place and managed to get myself into a cafe to order a coffee and feed little boy and then meet ladies for dinner.

It was a good night out. Little Josias managed to charm the ladies sitting next to us. They even offered to carry him while I eat. Then suddenly the time hit, he started his crying at about 9. That was him telling me that he wanted to go home. I sat there telling the ladies that it's really hard at times for me not to slip and become one of those ladies that bring their helper out everywhere they go so that they can deal with the child. Yes, I would love a night out with the ladies and let them play with Josias but when he starts his whinging, I would love to be able to pass him to the helper and tell her, fix him! But reality is that, no, I want to be able to take him out on my own and work it out with him. Anyway, when we said goodbye and started our way to the MTR station, he stopped crying. Maybe he knew that he was going home. Had a good night. Wouldn't mind bringing him out again but then again, not sure if the ladies appreciate me bringing him out with them again!

Josias is growing fast. Real fast I must say. Overall, I'm enjoying him maybe a lot more than Babe. Babe gets worried about things too much and sometimes Josias cries in the night and Babe gets worried and frustrated. But I guess it's all part and parcel of parenthood. We're getting used to it and yes, enjoying it to a certain extent.

Anyway, enjoy pics of little Josias.



Passed out from eating way too much!

My little cowboy!
Isn't he a cute bunny? Next up, tiger suit!
Eating the Buzz out of the Quinny.

2 comments:

Hai Choon said...

He resembles Wee Kiat in the secong picture :)

sunniefaith said...

Well, quite a number of people have told us that they sort of resemble each other.