Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Typical Family

I was on sick leave yesterday. Nursing a cough but a sore hand and foot. Yes, age is catching up and everything breaks down. Sad, huh? I stayed in bed till about 9.30 when the phone rang and thereafter I was staying up, hanging out with Josias, saw the doc, trying to put him to bed, playing with him and it was only when he took his nap that I went and took my nap too.

Woke up at 6ish when I heard him cry a little and then found myself playing and hanging out with him. It was a great day, don't get me wrong. But I was thinking, maybe I might actually get more rest at school than at home. Priorities have changed now. We have a helper at home but I feel guilty leaving Josias to his own devices when I know I'm home and I can actually hang out with him. Yup, the mummy guilt has gotten to me.

I started thinking that well, we've morphed into a typical family with a kid, dog and helper. The helper is great. Thank God for her. We prayed that God would send the right helper to us. She loves Josias and that's important to me. Last Friday, I took the risk of leaving Josias to the helper who has probably arrived at our home less than 24 hours to bring Happy to the vet. Happy had her paw caught in the escalator and her dressing needed to be changed. I know it was a risk but I prayed and left it to God. Babe told me that there's not point being worried or suspicious of the helper. She is here to help and if I'm worried an suspicious all the time, then, she won't be a good helper isn't it? I love it when Babe puts it right in my face. I went and came back and found Josias laughing and smiling away. So there was nothing to worry about.

At this point, we're thankful that things are smooth sailing. But for some reason, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and things go topsy turvy. Or, maybe that had already happened when Happy had her paw stuck in the escalator. Anyway, whatever it is, I'm thankful for my little typical family. It's no more just the two of us with a dog, but rather, three of us with a dog and helper!

No comments: