Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Our Helper

Been thinking of writing this post for a while. Our helper has been with us for a month today. When we were first told that we were matched with Josias, the first thing that came to our minds was childcare. Who is going to look after him? Not just look after him when we're at work but love him too.

Before we went to the helper agency, we prayed and asked God to bring us the right helper to us. The first visit to the helper agency, we interviewed like maybe five or six and then there was one that we felt was a good fit, but she didn't want to work for us. Sure, we got a little worried. We called a bunch of people and asked them for recommendations and then next weekend rolled around and again we went to the helper agency. Again, we prayed and asked God to send the right person to us. So we interviewed a bunch of people and when we were about to leave without finding the right helper, we thought, just one more. And she turned out to be the one that we wanted to hire.

I'm not going to name her but her name starts with J too. So J started work about a month ago. And the day before she started, that's when Happy got her foot stuck and there was a million and one things that I had to do and leave Josias at home. We observed and noticed that she does have real and genuine love for Josias. She wakes up in the middle of the night and cares for him. She patiently feeds him and whenever he throws up, she cleans him up and the floor. And I'm really thankful for her.

As much as I try not to turn into one of those ladies that bring their helpers everywhere or dump their kids to their helpers, I realise that it's hard not to have J around. The apartment is spotlessly clean now, I get hot lunch at home, the bed is made every day. Yes! I love it! I love cooking and not having to clean up. I love it when I just spend my evenings playing and feeding Josias. And not have to worry about the apartment being messy or anything like that. I'm really thankful to have her and thank God for sending the right helper to us.

Before J came, I was mulling over getting a CCTV at home. But Babe put things into perspective. He simply said, if we can't trust her, why bother to hire her? So there's no CCTV. I believe that she's doing a great job at home. I'm really glad. But at the same time, I know that she's not perfect and that things may go awry. However, at this point of time, we're very thankful.

No comments: