Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I guess part of living overseas or rather part of life is making friends and then saying bye to them. This week, I found out that a good friend of ours is moving back to Spore. I've known A since we were like six years old. We've known each other since kids. And I've gotten to know his girlfriend and now wife quite well over time. C is one of the rare ladies that has actually become a friend. For me, it's not common for me to be really good friends with my guy friends' wives. But C has become a really good friend. I guess having kids around the same age, sharing the same faith and genuinely enjoying each other's company play a part. So when she told me last week that they're moving back to Spore, I was kinda bummed. But then again I thought about it, at least they are moving back to Spore. We'll still be able to meet up and catch up.

The same week that A and C leave, there's another a couple that would be leaving HK for a year. They are another couple that have made a difference to our lives. But they'll be back so that's good. When I look back at the six years that I've been in HK, there have been quite a few friends that have left HK. I do miss them. They've moved back to their home countries or elsewhere. And sometimes I wonder when will I ever meet them again. I do miss them. I know with living abroad or with life, this happens. You make wonderful friends and before you know it, it's time to say goodbye. It sucks but this is life. But thank God for Facebook! That's how we keep in touch with each other's lives.

Yes, this is life. But I'm glad that I've gotten to meet and known these wonderful ladies. And I believe that God has placed everyone of these ladies in my life for a reason and I'm sure someday we will meet again.

No comments: