Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Love, Sunshine and Bread

So a couple of days before my 38th birthday, I was looking into the mirror and then I noticed, horror of horrors....wrinkles on my forehead! Yes, tiny little wrinkles staring back and smirking at me! And of course, I told Babe and his reply, 'You're getting old, you know that right?'

Yes, got to love my Babe! And then he proceeded to remind me that I'm hitting 38. I have to admit that I hate the process of aging. Seriously hate wrinkles and if I can have it my way, I would go and zap every one of those freaking wrinkles away. But the reality is that, I won't be doing that in the near future. So, I've got to start getting used to these wrinkles of mine. But these wrinkles or rather me getting another year older reminds me of God's blessings upon me and my family.

Love, I'm very thankful that over these years, not just these years, but rather the day God brought me to this world, He has constantly showered me with love. He has lavishly love me and brought people to love me despite me not deserving love. He has provided a wonderful husband, a great son, loving parents, supportive family, more best friends that I could ever imagine, and friends in HK that have become family.

Sunshine, God has brought lots of sunshine in my life. If little Baba were a girl, I would have named her Sunshine. There were periods in my life that I was probably slightly depressed or rather saw lots of clouds in my life, I don't even like gloomy weather because it affects my mood. But God has brought sunshine and I believe that He'll continue to bring lots of sunshine to me. I've learnt over the years that God will take care of my life and therefore He will bring sunshine to my life. Which to me is, lots of joy. And in moments of difficulties and situations, He will still bring joy to my life.

Bread, thank God for loads of bread. Today in class, I asked my male students, if the girl that you want to marry would only marry you if you have a house, what would you do? And I asked my female students if the guy that wants to marry you does not have a house, would you marry him? Okay, house = flat in HK. There was a really good discussion and one of my boys, concluded by saying that if he were the girl, he were marry the man even though he does not have a house because he has a kind heart. He put things into perspective for the class. I told my students that if the man love you enough, even though he's poor at the beginning, he would work hard enough to provide for you and the family. That's what Babe did for me. And I'm very thankful. God has been gracious and I'm been very humbled by how much God has given to us. He has given us more bread that I could even imagine.

So in short, Love, Sunshine and Bread, God has brought all these to me. He has given me the essentials. So what do I have to complain? Nothing. Yes, another year passed, which means another year of awesome blessings upon me! So now, how am I going to bless others with love, sunshine and bread. Yes, that's my goal for this year.

No comments: