Saturday, October 27, 2012

God's Plans for Baba

About a month ago, little Baba and I headed back to Spore to surprise mum for her birthday. We had an extremely long weekend. It was really hard to pull off a stunt like this. I speak to mum almost every day and it's hard to pretend that we're not heading home. Anyway, we pulled it off and mum was majorly excited and beyond happy! Anyway, I digress as usual. This is post not about mum's birthday but to a certain extend, it's kinda related.

So after surprising mum, I drove Jacqui's car with Jacqui at the back with little Baba to my mother in law's place for little Baba to hang out with her. While in the car, Jacqui and I were just chatting and talking nonsense as usual and Jacqui turned to little Baba and asked, 'So Didi, do you want to be a economist when you grow up?' And I said, 'No, he's going to a missionary doctor going to Africa!' And what happened next kinda changed some things. Jacqui kinda exclaimed something like, 'Do you know what Didi has in his hands?' And I was like, no, why? And that's when she pulled it out from his hands and showed it to me when I parked. It was a bulletin insert from our home church in Spore. And the bulletin insert was announcing the upcoming mission trip to Kenya. And I'm like, okay God, this is going to be kinda interesting.

I thought that was the end of it. The next morning at church, there was another bulletin insert that little Baba was grabbing onto, this time, a talk on missions in African nations. I'm like, ok God, this is really going to be very interesting. And then, the chairman at the service talked about giving our first fruit. And then it sort of hit me. I'm thinking, God is this what you want for little Baba? God, seriously? Not that I'm reluctant but rather I'm really glad and flattered that you have chose Baba.

And in thinking about that what has happened, I started to ask myself, will I be really willing to give up Baba to God? Will I be able to be like Abraham? We prayed for forever for little Baba to arrive and he's really cute, adorable, fun to be with and every single positive adjectives that you can find, it's him. Will I be able to lay Baba down on the alter for God. And that led me to think and wonder, obedience. Yes, obedience is not obeying with it convenient and it's works in our favour but rather obedience is doing what God wants us to do. With that in mind, my attitude changed. And this has been our prayers for little Baba. God, if this is what you want Baba to do, we will guide, support and educate him to be what God wants him to be.

The reality is that I can't tell or know what God really wants for little Baba but rather we can try our very best to raise him to be a man after God's heart. We understand the journey ahead might be hard but we have to trust that our Father in heaven knows the best. In my last post, I wrote about having dinner with old friends, and at dinner, we were joking that little Baba might marry our friend's daughter and then both of us have to go all the way to Africa to visit our children. Well, a joke but who knows, it might become a reality.

Anyway, enjoy the photos of little Baba.

 I honestly have not since mum so surprised and happy before. Guess she really didn't expect that we would be home. I told her that we would be in Bangkok and she bought it!

Little Baba and his possible future wife!

No comments: