Saturday, March 09, 2013

Babe's Home!

Babe was away in Chicago for a work trip. He came back a day late due to the snowstorm in Chicago. His flight was delayed. I wasn't too happy about it but because of the flight delay, Babe was able to shop and bring gifts for us.

Babe goes away quite often for work now. He's almost on the plane once a week. Little Baba is getting used to it. Don't think he likes it though. He does ask for his Da Da a lot whenever Babe is away. Sometimes it's hard when Babe goes away over the weekend. Sure, I get tempted to ask our helper not to take her day off on Sunday to help me out. But I resisted. But instead, I told myself that I'll make the best out of it and hang out with little Baba.

So last Saturday, I managed to squeeze in banking, foot massage, pedicure, lunch with a girlfriend before bringing little Baba to the tiny sad zoo in Central with the same girlfriend that I had lunch with. On Sunday, brought little Baba to church and then had brunch with a bunch of friends and at dinner, brought little Baba to our fav italian restaurant and I managed to have my dinner while the wait staff entertained him. At the end of the weekend, I truly appreciated the time that I had with little Baba.

So, yesterday when Babe whatsapped me that he has landed, my stomach did little butterflies and my heart raced a little and I was kicking myself for not having enough money in my wallet to catch a cab home. Got on the train and was kinda impatient while waiting for the bus too. All these while, I was thinking, hey, this is not the first time that Babe is away and we're not like newly married or in the honeymoon stage. We've been married for ten years and remembering that we dated for ten years before getting married too. So why was I so excited that Babe was coming home?

Well, I don't know the answer. But I'm glad that I had all those feelings. I'm glad that after all these years, I still have little butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I don't want to let these butterflies go. I love them. I told a friend that whenever Babe is on his working trip, I try not to call him unless something urgent has come up. I try to deal with everything myself. And maybe that's why I miss him even more.

So glad that Babe is home, it was cute when little Baba saw a plane in the sky and he said, 'Airplane, go bring Da Da home, ok?' Made me want to cry and hug him even tighter. I pray and hope that the butterflies in my stomach never leave, and my heart will never stop racing when I know that Babe is coming home from a work trip. I was reminded by a friend that I've a wonderful husband. And I am ever so thankful always for Babe. Totally and beyond blessed!

No comments: