Friday, March 01, 2013

Updates

So, the light has grown brighter and I'm really glad for it. Guess somethings just can't be explained but I'm glad that the light has grown brighter and I'm aware that it can grow dim anytime. However, it doesn't really matter because, I've got Babe with me. He holds my hands and shines the light for me whenever it grows dim. I can never be thankful enough for him.

We had a great time going back to Spore for Chinese New Year. It was great hanging out with family and friends. Well, actually we only managed to catch up with very few friends. Caught up with Baba's godparents. It's always good to see them. So glad for them starting a new chapter. But am going to miss them nevertheless. Was kinda reminded that Chinese New Year may not really be the same soon. Jacqui wasn't around as she was in Melbourne and like my mum, am feeling her absence and am realizing that it'll be less than a year before she'll be off to Melbourne.

It's also this Chinese New Year that I'm really to see some family members in a clearer light. Talk is really cheap when some people say that family is important. Some people don't even care to spend time with their family members and choosing to spend time doing other stuff. It does annoy me to a certain extent that we bother to fly back to spend Chinese New Year with the family and some just choose not to bother to hang out with us. And what makes it worse is that others make statements like, oh, little Baba is not going to know us. And then, there's questions of filial piety. What the use of saying you care and love but pushing responsibilities to one and other. Yes, maybe I shouldn't be washing dirty linen in the public. But I'm glad that I'm seeing things clearer and have decided that my time should be placed on people that are willing to reciprocate kinship.

So negative things aside, we had a great time at Phuket. Or maybe I should say that I had a great time at Phuket. It was probably a little more stressful for Babe. I'm glad that we got to spend time together, just the three of us. Sure, it was not as relaxing as when we travel just the two of us. There's diapers to be changed, kid to be fed, have to watch him in the pool, ointment to be put on mozzie bites and the list goes on. But all in all, it was great to spend time together as a family. It's nice to see Babe being a hands on dad. And it was really sweet of Babe to watch little Baba when I went for a massage.

I guess life sometimes is not what it turns out to be. I'm glad to have Babe and Baba in my life. Sure, people can disappoint and things can go awry. But I'm glad that God has placed enough people that love, care and support me. That's good enough for me. Am humbled. Anyway, enjoy the pics.

Being a beach bum! Babe had fun playing at the beach.

Baba was so intrigued by the tuk tuk. He wanted to ride in the tuk tuk but guess we felt that it might be too dangerous for him. When we went to the airport, he saw a toy tuk tuk and he went, "Da Da, tuk tuk!"

When we arrived at the resort, we rode the buggy to our villa. So whenever Baba saw the buggy when we were in the resort, he shouted, "Buggy! Baba wants to ride buggy!" Well, we did ride the buggy a few more times before we left the resort.



You're seeing things. Yes, Baba has a pink elephant. We were in the gift shop in the resort when he saw the pink elephant and he wanted it. Tried to ask him if he wants a blue one but he said no.......

Jojo and Baba hanging out together for the last day. When we were at the airport, Jojo tried asking Babe to buy her an air ticket to Hong Kong. And when we got home and Facetimed home, she asked us why didn't we bring her along to Hong Kong. Its really heartwarming to see that Jojo really loves hanging out with Baba. I guess part of the reason why I felt a little blue over CNY was that I saw the few people that I can really entrust little Baba to in the event if something happens to Babe and me. But like a brother in Christ reminded me, God has everything panned out. Things are quite often out of our hands but God has everything in His hands.

No comments: