Monday, March 26, 2007

Imperfection

Happy was coughing last night and today as well. Brought her to the vet today. He told me that she has either upper respiratory infection or distemper. With the upper respiratory infection, it's curable and not that bad. But with distemper, it can be fatal with only 60% percent that survives. The vet continued and asked how many days did the pet shop give us for guarantee. I told him 7 days. He told me that I could return the dog and get them to fix it or if not, return the dog and get a new one.

That got me thinking. Yes, the dog is imperfect in some ways. When we got Hobbit, it wasn't that complicated. Brought her to the vet and she had a clean bill of health. I told the vet that I wasn't going to return Happy to the pet shop. It just doesn't make sense. So what if she's a little imperfect. Does that mean that I've to return her? And does that make me a better person than the guy that sold me Happy?

The Lord takes me in even though I'm so imperfect. I'm beyond imperfect and God still takes me in. So now, my little dog is sick, do I just ditch her? She's going to cost a little to fix and also a little love and time. But I know that she's worth it.

So I brought Happy home and for the next 2 weeks, we've to really take care of happy and hopefully and prayfully, she'll make it. She's pretty healthy for the moment, walking and prancing around. Hoping that she'll remain that way.

No comments: