Sunday, March 18, 2007

Protest!

I went into the elevator this week and had a surprise to find this poster stuck on the wall of it. I could only read the last 2 sentences. Basically, the owners' committee wants residents to protest against the transport fare hike. They were going to walk around the estate this morning. I wasn't around to watch the protest which is a shame because I would have love to watch it. It would have been fun! The first thing that came to my mind when I read the poster, oh, are they going to walk around Park Island like walking around the walls of Jericho?

Had a bbq last night with friends. It was a good night. I brought my camera down and obviously forgotten that I had my camera in my bag. Yes, I know, how dumb....So I've to wait for Nicole to email me the pics. We had fun eating, talking and it was just a great night. Glad that WK made some friends too. He's going to start playing soccer with Joey soon.

Woke up late this morning, and we were like...do we go to church? And no, we made it to church. Ran after the bus, got to Tsingyi and then caught a cab to church. Cost a little more to get to church but it was worth it. God sent his son for me and what's a little extra money compared to what He has done for me? Picked up the profiles of the kids that I've shortlisted to sponsor. We've decided to sponsor a girl. Joanne, my sis, suggested that. She had a point. Girls have less opportunities in education. Maybe in a couple months' time, we might sponsor another kid or maybe adopt a child. We'll see.

Have been reading about Angelina Jolie. I've always liked and admired her. Well, not the part when she stole Brad Pitt away from Jennifer Aniston. I admire her for wanting to do some much for children in impoverish countries. She just adopted a child from Vietnam. She got me thinking more about adopting. Well, just maybe somewhere next year, we might plan a trip to one of these countries and who knows, we might be able to adopt a child. Actually, not who know. God knows. He'll let us know when is the right time and if it's the right plan for us as well.

No comments: