Sunday, March 11, 2007

Reality Check

I went for a Christian Women's Conference yesterday. It was mine first. Have to admit that I normally would not attend such stuff. But Sarala made it her job to hassle me and I went and have to admit that I was really blessed!

Let me recounted how I was blessed by it. Well, as usual, I woke up late and had to rush through and when I got to Hong Kong International School, where the conference was held, I was about 10 mins late. So there I was walking up to the guard post and I told the guard that I was there for the conference and the guard was like, think you're at the wrong campus. You're meant to go to Repulse Bay campus. And I was, ok...Never mind, let's catch another cab there. And just when I was about to turn around and walk away, 2 ladies turned up in their car and truth enough, they were also there for the conference and i got a ride from them. In the car, I was thinking, God must have led the ladies to me. Lily is from Hong Kong and Wendy is from Spore. It was nice talking to them.

Finally got there and I felt really blessed by what the ladies had to say. Went for the first workshop, understanding God's will. Very biblical and practical. The next workshop I went to, really touched my heart. This lady talked about how she went through her son's suicide and how God saw her through it all. I could see God working through her and it was through her pain that she was able to see God's love and it brought the family closer. I felt as if God has brought me to this particular workshop to be blessed by this lady and for this lady to be blessed by me as well. God works in ways that are far higher than ours. And He truly makes no mistakes.

As I left the conference, I did a mental reality check on my life. Sure, God has been so real in my life thus far and what have I done for him. How have I shown my gratitude? And how have I been leading my life? What will I say to God an judgement day? These were thoughts that were running through my head.

Do pray for me as we pray for God's will. We're always been thinking of sponsoring a child and we're always been talking about it. But now, we have been presented with an opportunity to really sponsor a child from Bangladesh. We're praying that it is God's will for us and not us just wanting to do good and feel good. My other prayer request, I've been seriously thinking about adopting a child. I really do not have the desire to have my own kids but rather to adopt a child. I really pray that this is God's will and not mine as well. I'm going to put a lot of thought, prayer and meditation on this matter. I'm thinking of filing in the papers probably in early next year. Do pray for us on these 2 matters and I really hope that God will lead, guide, and show us his will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty exciting :)
yup...God is good...

sunniefaith said...

Yes...and there are times or rather very often we forget that HE is Good!