Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Parenting

As you know that Happy is a little sick. We really pray and hope that she's just a little sick. I've come to realise that it's hard to be parents. Very hard. I go home for lunch without fail just so that I can see her and make sure that she's fine. After work, I almost run home so that I can watch her. Haven't even had time to go to the gym....Actually, I'm reluctant to leave her at home while I'm at the gym.

WK has been doing a great job being a daddy to Happy. He came home 2 nights ago and started to clean the floor. And for two nights in a row, he got out of bed and fed Happy at around 3 in the morning. I was surprised at him. I feed her medicine almost religiously. I even manage to drag myself out of bed earlier just to make sure I have enough time to feed her and feed her medicine as well. Have to say that I'm surprised at myself too.

When we got Hobbit, our firstborn, she was a little easier. She wasn't sick. A bouncy white fluff of ball. We were easy with her. Our main concern was to toilet train her. She used to get a little smack whenever she made an accident. But with Happy, we have bigger concerns. We're afraid that she might have distemper which is fatal. And we're a little lax with her about toilet training as we're more concern about her health first. And it was funny last night how WK actually carried her up the bed.

Parenting is hard, very hard....And I just have a dog...My other dog is with mum....And mum is spoiling Hobbit rotten. Please pray for Happy to get better. We'll know next week if she has distemper. Praying that it's just a cough.

No comments: