Thursday, March 29, 2007

Relationships

The thing that I missed the most in WDP is having relationships. When I was teaching in WDP, I had a form class and I had relationships with the students that I used to teach. It was fun going to class and talking to the students and laughing with them. They tell me stuff and I tell them stuff. It was the same with ex-colleagues. We used to chat about everything. I thought it was only me that has issues having relationships people at work. But at dinner last nite with ladies from Geoexpat, some of them have the same issues.

But things are getting better now. They are students who actually stop and chat with me. Relationships need time to build, I keep telling myself that. Well, it's happening slowly with kids. I'm talking a little more with my colleagues. I get updated about sales and nice places to eat and we talk about our dogs as well. I guess its the same with any relationships. You can't expect it to just bloom overnight. As usual, I'm always learning.

No comments: