Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Earth Shaking!

So...as usual, I went to work this morning. My current job is a shopper. I work very hard to be a shopper, you know? Very, very hard! While shopping and walking and working very hard, and my phone beeped. It was Jolynn, I went to Orange County to visit her yesterday. Her text message came as a shock. Apparently there was an earthquake and the epi centre was right by her home! It was really shocking as my original plan was to visit her today instead or yesterday. And we could have been hurt if we were sitting at her home when the earth quake happened.

I called her right away to check on her. She was at home, checking on her dog. She told me that things were smashed and there were glass around. Well, I told her, as long as she and everyone is fine, that's good enough. Everything else is material and it can be replaced. I called her sister Eelynn to check on her too. Glad to report that everything's fine. This is life, things happen and even something small like rescheduling our meet can turn out to have an impact. We could have been hurt. That's what I kept thinking about. Very thankful

And yes, I've done another two things that I've always wanted to do in my life, to catch the Greyhound and also to ride in the Amtrak. Well, don't think I would want to take the Greyhound again. But sure, I'll take the Amtrak again. It's really nice! It was a scenic ride. Maybe, someday, I'll do the ride from San Francisco to San Diego. Enjoy the pics. They were taken on my ride back to San Diego on the Amtrak.






No comments: